This week was fun. We started off learning about the Ocean on Monday. I read a couple of books about the ocean and the different animals and creatures that are found in different locations in the ocean. I have to say, Cameron was a star with this activity. He loves learning about the ocean and taught us a few things about it too!! We then made a ocean mobile. Most of the kids got them started, but as most 4-5 year old attention spans go, the got bored :)
Amy's colorful fish
Cameron even liked this activity.
On Wednesday, we learned about the Olympics. I of course, loved this. We talked first about sportsmanship and how to treat others while playing sports. We talked about the summer sports vs. the winter sports. We also learned about how the world comes to the Olympics and bring their flags, thus we made flags too. I love the kids creativity with their own unique flags. Then we went into the gym and did some Olympic sports. We threw "discus" (paper plates), the we went ice skating on our paper plates. We shot basketballs, we did the long jump, played crab soccer and then did some relay racing. I loved it and I hope the kids did too. At the end, everyone got a gold medal for good sportsmanship!!
2 comments:
It all sounds fun, you are really on the ball posting already. Great job!
Looks like they had a great time! I need to remember to take pictures next time. I keep forgetting.
Post a Comment