Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Party


The kids were a lot of fun during the week of our Christmas Party. We read some Christmas stories, including "The Last Straw".  It is a story of an old camel that carries everyone's gifts to the stable where baby Jesus was born.  We sang Christmas Carols and had a snowball fight (with paper snowballs).  

The kids seemed to enjoy a couple of crafts- both included things that were edible, so that's always a plus!  The marshmallow snowmen were fun, but they didn't hold up so well.  The mugs were also fun, and we filled them with some treats.

The kids each got a small gift that came from the dollar store.  They were pretty cheap, and I'm sure they're non-existent by now!  Lilly also brought a gift for everyone.  It was really cute because the kids asked if they could open them at the time.  Lilly asked that everyone wait until Christmas.  I don't know if they all waited for Christmas, but they didn't open them at the party- they didn't even try to peek under the wrapping paper.  I was really impressed!

We talked about the birth of Jesus and used a small nativity that I have.  We re-enacted the story a few times, and the kids were able to take turns being Mary & Joseph, baby Jesus, the wise men, shepherds, etc.

Thanks to you all, I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

0 comments: