Monday was all about insects. We discovered what insects were, made insect "I's" using our fingerprints, and made insects from our snacks and from pom poms and pipe cleaners. We ended by having an insect hunt in the front yard. Box elder bugs seemed to be the only insects around that morning, but we also found a slug (which is technically not an insect because it does not meet the criteria of six legs, three body parts, and an exoskeleton).
On Wednesday we did some experiments with ice. The experiments taught us how long it took an ice cube to melt, that when the ice in ice water melts that the level of the water will go down, and about the different colors we can make by melting colored ice cubes. For a craft we made icicles using glue and glitter. We also made tamborines and talked about the different instruments that we knew. After the tambourines dried a little we turned on the music and dance in the living room.
SNACK INSECTS:
COLORED ICE CUBE EXPERIMENT:
DECORATING OUR TAMBOURINES:
DANCING!!!
EVERYBODY SHAKING THEIR TAMBOURINES:
5 comments:
Sorry about all the pictures. I tried to put all but one in a slideshow, but it kept telling me I had errors. After much frustration I gave up on the slideshow and couldn't decide which ones to cut. So here they all are. I'll get this blogging thing down someday.
It is fun to see all of the pictures, good job. They look like they are having a blast.
Love the ice experiements. Amy kept mentioning experiments, was not quite sure what that meant, but now I get it! Looks like they had fun and learned some fun things.
Great pictures. I love the group one at the end. Very creative with the experiments too. I is kind of a hard letter to do.
I love to see all of the pictures! I'm impressed that you came up with so much for I!
Post a Comment