Wednesday, October 8, 2008

E

Okay, so now that I waited this long, I have to try to remember what we did....

On Monday, we did Eggs. We started out talking about what kinds of animals came from eggs, then we went on an egg hunt (the kids thought this was pretty funny since it wasn't easter), the eggs they found had different animals in them that all come from an egg. After that, they each drew pictures of their favorite one of the animals and we made them into little books with the egg on front. Then, in their centers, they made nests, caves, etc for the animals to lay their eggs in, we played with plastic easter eggs in a bucket of colored rice (they loved this!), and we dyed eggs. The pictures are all of them trying to all get into the rice at the same time and dying their eggs!






On Wednesday, we did Elephants. I didn't get any pictures, but they were hilarious this day! We played a little game where they pretended they were elephants on a tightrope in the circus. I explained to them what a tightrope was and that it was really high in the air, then we put a string across the floor that was the tightrope, and they sang a little song while they went out one at a time until they were all trying to stand on the string with one arm in front as a trunk and one arm in back as the tail...all holding onto each other. They were really funny about it because they were really serious about staying on the string...they looked nervous the entire time they were playing! We made paper plate elephants and fed them peanuts, and frosted "elephant feet" (big round sugar cookies) with gumdrops for the toenails. I love preschool.....and I love working with all of your kids, they are all such fun kids! I love how excited they get about even the littlest things!

0 comments: