We did things a little bit backwards this week. On Monday we had a bunch of Camping activities, and on Wednesday we spent quite a bit of time actually learning about the letter "C" and what sounds it makes. I chose to do the activities on Monday, because Tyson would be around to help, and I didn't want to try the fire and all that by myself.
The kids and I talked about some of the things you should take on a hike (water, food, compass, safety whistle, etc.) and then we went on a "hike" (up and down the street) to our campground. We also went on a "bear hunt" during our hike, and the kids seemed to like that. We set up our camp and started a fire so we could roast marshmallows. We talked a little about fire safety and that we shouldn't play with matches. After the kids each had a couple marshmallows, we went fishing. Some of the kids surprised me with their mad fishing skills and cast all the way over the fence! It was a fun morning, and I hope the kids had as much fun as we did!

3 comments:
Very cute, it is fun to see pictures and what they did!
That is a great picture! Will had so much fun camping and fishing. Great job!
Oh, it breaks my heart that Amy freaked out over that one. That sounds like you guys had so much fun. So creative Diane!!
Post a Comment